Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go...???

Well for my first real admission to the hospital this has certainly been an interesting week. I've really hesitated to update because I've had so many hormonal ups and downs, but I've been told I'm going to want to remember this.

Basically at this point the fluids levels around both Connor and Reagan have improved, and their daily testing is looking good. According to the doctors I look good too. I'm not really sure whether I should hug them or punch them when they say that LOL but I'm quite sure that's typical for a pregnant woman. At this point I'm carrying more baby weight than full term pregnant women and I'm told I have several more weeks to (endure) enjoy. I'm still having contractions despite meds to stop them, but they aren't organizing into any labor activity. Reagan has decided she is definitely going to be the first out the door, and has shoved her head so low in my pelvis I'm pretty sure she's going to fall out. I read a pregnancy email update that says at this stage of pregnancy, a baby's head is the size of an orange. Ohhh...so that's why it hurts to sit, lay, stand, move my legs! And here I thought I was carrying a few watermelons ;-) Whew, that makes me feel much better about delivery!
I've seen about 7 doctors in as many days. A few want to send me home, a few want to keep me, and a few don't seem to care either way. I go back and forth between wanting to be home in my own bed and being here where we're all safe and sound and I get to check in on the babies twice a day. So, the best we can come up with is to hang out until my real OB is back from vacation and trust her answer then. Though I hope it involves home, fewer meds, and less bedrest here within the next week or two. The average delivery of twins occurs at 35 weeks, and most babies have some NICU time until they reach 35-36 weeks of gestation. So...we're almost in the clear!

And just for fun, here I am showing off my huge ever growing belly.





































No comments:

Post a Comment